Process Manufacturing R&D Leaders' Summit 2019
Indian companies must weave a commitment to growth into their corporate DNA by fostering companywide awareness of consumers' needs, investing enough in R&D, and unlocking entrenched organizational structures and attitudes that are inhospitable to new solutions, new business models, and new approaches.r economy at risk.
Under the Make in India initiative, the Government of India aims to increase the share of the manufacturing sector to the gross domestic product (GDP) to 25 per cent by 2022, from 16 per cent, and to create 100 million new jobs by 2022. Business conditions in the Indian manufacturing sector continue to remain positive.
Manufacturing has emerged as one of the high growth sectors in India. 'Make in India' program to place India on the world map as a manufacturing hub and give global recognition to the Indian economy. India is expected to become the fifth largest manufacturing country in the world by the end of year 2020.
Cumulative Foreign Direct Investment in India's manufacturing sector reached US$ 76.82 billion during April 2000-June 2018. India has become one of the most attractive destinations for investments in the manufacturing sector R&D.
The private sector must take the lead in creating the requisite R&D capabilities and sharpening the focus on quality growth. To do so, companies will need to step up investment in R&D in the coming years. They will also need to continue offering affordable solutions but not compromise on quality and design Partnerships will also be an important means for absorbing foreign R&D capability. Indian companies must continue to invest in indigenous R&D as well. By doing so, they can adapt global innovations to create local affordable solutions.
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Understanding strategies to overcome top concerns of R&D Leaders
- Building and managing a successful R&D pipeline
- Inculcating a culture of innovation in India - The changing landscape of Patents & IPR in R&D
- Disruption in product development with the help of AI, data analytics and machine learning
- Formula and recipe management for tracking potential product inconsistencies and errors and automating quality control
- Manufacturing process R&D more critical to product R&D
- Outsourcing R&D - Leveraging outsourcing capabilities for time to market process
- Product lifecycle management - Boosting productivity on the shop floor
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- Map out the latest emerging strategies that will help your R&D professionals reach the next level
- Leveraging technology to transform your R&D function
- Streamlining R&D operations to foster quality and growth
- Selecting right tools to transform your R&D function
- Best practices for managing inconsistencies & errors
WHO WILL YOU MEET
- R&D / Process R&D / Process Research
- Research and Innovation
- New Product Development
- Product Innovation
- Quality Control & Assurance
- Quality Assurance
- Process Engineering / Reengineering
- Food and Beverages
- Paints and Coatings
- Chemicals and Petrochemicals
- Personal Care and Cosmetics
- Oil and Gas
- Mining and Metals
- Companies falling under process manufacturing segment